Border-Lock® Impression Trays
The first semi-custom disposable tray program designed as the new alternative to RIM-LOCK trays. The complete system contains 8 upper and 8 lower trays each uniquely designed in arch size and form. A precise sizing method identifies the appropriate tray to create a custom fit not found in any other disposable product. High quality design and material increases rigidity to a level which rivals that of metal trays.
It is the first semi-custom disposable impression tray for the achievement of precision impressions using the monophase or sandwich impression technique. It offers the dentist an alternative for the metal Rim-Lock tray.
In terms of impression result:
- optimal dynamic pressure due to semi-custom shape
- a post dam is unnecessary
- an immediate final impression in most situations
- 40% savings on impression material
Ease of use:
- no longer necessary to clean the tray
- no longer necessary to remove adhesive
- the loss of expensive metal trays is no longer an issue
- clear range of trays in the surgery
The name Border-Lock® refers to the patented retention system. Special horizontal slits along the border of the tray provide an excellent locking mechanism for the impression material.
The rigidity of the Border-lock® tray has been scientifically tested and proven suitable for making precision impressions.
The Border-Lock® tray is the first impression tray with a Semi-Custom fit that offers the dentist an alternative for the conventional Rim-Lock tray. It enables dentists to achieve excellent impressions that match in many cases the results achieved with custom trays.